Virginia’s Community Colleges are already a more affordable, accessible higher education option than four-year universities, but a tuition bill of any size can still be too expensive.
G3 is a last-dollar tuition assistance program that covers tuition, fees, and books for individual students. To receive G3 funding, a student must:
- Be eligible for Virginia in-state tuition
- Have a total household income less than or equal to 400% of the federal poverty level (roughly $100,000 for a family of four)
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at a Virginia public community college in an approved program
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours per semester
- Apply for federal and state financial aid programs for which they may be eligible.