Virginia’s Community Colleges are already a more affordable, accessible higher education option than four-year universities, but a tuition bill of any size can still be too expensive.
G3 financial assistance is available to many Virginians, but not all. If you are a Virginia resident who meets the following requirements, you qualify for G3 funding:
- Qualifies for in-state financial aid
- Has a total household income of less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (roughly an income of $100,000 for a family of four)
- Is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours at a local community college
- Has earned a high school diploma or GED
- Is enrolled in a designated G3 program
- Has applied for federal and/or state financial aid